August 27, 2020
The Annual General and Special Meeting of the Bernard Betel Centre for Creative Living will be held Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 7:00 PM (EST) by Zoom.
We would like to acknowledge these unprecedented times and appreciate our members adapting to this new reality of a virtual Annual General and Special Member Meeting.
Business of the meeting will include:
- Confirmation of By-Law No. 1;
- Voting for Board of Director nominees;
- Appointment of the Auditors for the 2020-2021 year and delegation of numeration to the Board; and
- Any other business which may properly come before the meeting.
Included in this notice and in accordance with the Bernard Betel Centre By-Law No. 1 Section 4.4:
- Notice of all Meetings of Members must be given by any of the following means: By e-mail, mail, fax, or personal delivery to each person entitled to notice at least ten (10) days before the meeting; or in at least once in a publication of the Corporation that is sent to all Members entitled to attend such meeting not less than 10 days and not more than 60 days before the meeting;
- Proposed Slate of Board Members for 2020-2021;
- By-Law No. 1;
- Form of proxy;
- Minutes of the 2019 Annual General Meeting; and
- Biographies of Nominated Directors.
Please note that the Audited Financial Statements are available upon request in accordance with the By-Laws and that By-Law No. 1 document can be picked up at the Bernard Betel Centre Monday – Thursdays 8:30 am – 3:00 pm and or mailed. Please contact Reception at 416 221-2112, ext. 0 to make these arrangements. In order to participate, you must request log-in/dial-in details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 416-225-2112 ext. 126 no later than 5:00 PM on Monday, September 21, 2020. Each individual member must separately request and log-in or dial into the meeting for your vote to count, or fill out the attached form of proxy by Friday, September 18, 2020 and return it in accordance with the instructions on the form of proxy.
Gail Gould MSW