Giving Tuesday is the world’s largest generosity movement! Everyone has something to give and every act of generosity counts. Today is a day where non-profits, companies, and individuals join together to share commitments, rally for their favourite causes, and think about others. It is a day that organizations like the Bernard Betel Centre reach out to their communities asking for support.
This year for Giving Tuesday, we are focusing on our Meals on Wheels program. We are grateful to our incredible community who supported our Tribute Event on November 24 with all proceeds going towards the Bernard Betel Centre’s Meals on Wheels program. BUT we still need your help to continue to feed over 600 seniors, and get the 450 individuals off our waitlist and into our Meals on Wheels program. Limited income, higher cost of food, loss of congregate dining programming, compromised immunity, and difficulties preparing food are just a few of the challenges these vulnerable individuals face establishing food security. We greatly rely on the generous financial support of our donors to help us address food insecurity. Did you know…
- 100% of our clients are food insecure, most of whom are marginalized seniors and 20% that are Holocaust Survivors.
- Poverty and food insecurity impacts our clients greatly, with over 80% living off of less than $20,000 per year.
- In the past year, 106 volunteers generously donated over 7,400 hours to prep, pack and deliver meals to seniors in our community.
- Our incredible team of staff and volunteers cook, pack, label and deliver between 2,000 and 3,000 meals each week.
- Our Meals on Wheels program provides free nutritious kosher meals three times a week to 620 seniors living in poverty.
- In the past year, the Bernard Betel Centre’s Kosher Meals on Wheels program provided close to 159,000 meals to the community.
We need your help! Consider supporting the Bernard Betel Centre. There are many ways you can give and all gifts are greatly appreciated. TODAY only, your gift can go even further! For every donation made online on Giving Tuesday, CanadaHelps will automatically add an additional 1% top-up to the donation. If you are interested in donating online, please click HERE. If you prefer to donate over the phone, please call 416-225-2112, ext. 0.
Thank you for your generosity and support!