The health and safety of Bernard Betel Centre members, volunteers, staff, and the community is our priority. When you come to the Centre, please find the below important information for you to know:
- Being full vaccinated against COVID-19 (having minimally 2 vaccinations) is not mandatory, but recommended. We encourage everyone to keep current with all booster vaccines they are eligible for and their annual immunizations.
- Masks are optional throughout the Centre, with the exception of the chiropody treatment rooms. All chiropody patients are required to wear a mask during your appointment with the chiropodist. Please ensure your face mask is properly fitted (covering your nose and mouth). If you are coming to the Bernard Betel Centre for any reason, other than a chiropody appointment, masks are encouraged, but optional to wear. The Bernard Betel Centre is a mask-friendly environment, and acknowledge that some of our staff, volunteers, members, and community members will be more comfortable wearing a mask. We welcome you to wear a mask if you would like.
- Hand hygiene and sanitization is highly recommended on an ongoing basis. Please thoroughly wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently. Hand sanitizer is offered throughout the Centre.
- There will not be any screening when entering the Bernard Betel Centre.
- Staff and volunteers working with staff will no longer be required to have Rapid Antigen Tests when they come to the Bernard Betel Centre.
- If you feel unwell, or are experiencing any cold or flu symptoms (even if they are minor) please stay home and take care of yourself. Do not come to the Bernard Betel Centre.
- If you are unable to attend or choose not to attend the Bernard Betel Centre in-person, please visit our on-site programs and services at this time. We offer many online options. Please visit https://betelcentre.org/online-programs/or contact a member of our staff for more information https://betelcentre.org/staff-directory/.
Every individual at the Bernard Betel Centre is to be treated with respect at all times. If anyone is experiencing disrespectful behavior from another individual at the Centre, please notify a member of the staff as soon as possible. Our Complaints Policy, can be found here: https://betelcentre.org/publications/
We are working hard to provide you with a safe environment and at the same time acknowledge the critical importance of connecting with each other. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to a member of our staff: https://betelcentre.org/staff-directory/
Updated: April 17, 2023