The Bernard Betel Centre recognizes that not all seniors can visit us at the centre, yet they would enjoy phone or in-person visits with volunteers, or a delicious kosher meal delivered right to their door. For more information, please contact Irine Dubinski at 416-225-2112, ext. 122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
At-Home Respite Care — A program offering caregivers (55+) volunteer relief from looking after a loved one at home. No nursing or physical care is provided.
Friendly Visiting — Trained volunteers visit seniors living alone or feeling isolated, offering companionship, support and reassurance.
Café Europa is a luncheon program for Holocaust Survivors that takes place at the Bernard Betel Centre in partnership with Jewish Family and Child.
For more information, please contact Lily Boltianski at 416-225-2112, ext. 103 or email@example.com.
HEALTHY AT HOME
Healthy at Home is a collaborative project between Bernard Betel Centre, UJA Federation of Greater Toronto, JIAS Toronto, JRCC and Baycrest. The program focuses on creating supportive environments, building social networks and connectivity, and supporting low-income, isolated and unaffiliated seniors by bringing free social, recreational, educational, cultural, health promotion and other programs to where they currently live. This project has been offered to several sites across Toronto and York Region, and includes some or all of the following components:
- Community-oriented activity programs that are both physical and social in scope;
- Health promotion and disease prevention lectures and programs;
- Falls prevention program and training;
- Kosher meal program: a nutritious, light lunch;
- Computer literacy program;
- ESL classes for immigrant seniors;
- Jewish holiday programs and cultural activities;
- Hands-on crafts;
- Art, history and educational lectures;
- Entertainment and social programming
For more information about the Healthy at Home program, please contact Irine Dubinski at 416-225-2112, ext. 122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.