Hosting a Third Party Fundraiser
About the Bernard Betel Centre
The Bernard Betel Centre is a vibrant, non-profit community centre located in North Toronto with offerings for older adults (55+). We provide services and programs to over 5,000 individuals each year including fitness, recreation, trips and travel, special events, community support services, health and wellness, volunteer opportunities, and many more.
Our Mission: Providing exemplary and multilingual educational, cultural and wellness programs in a safe and supportive environment to encourage healthy, active and creative living for individuals 55+.
What is Third Party Fundraising?
Third party fundraisers are planned and executed by individuals, volunteers, businesses, and community groups who are passionate and excited about supporting the Bernard Betel Centre. The person or group hosting the fundraiser is responsible for the development of the fundraising idea and event, organizing and managing logistics, and financing the ideas, while the Bernard Betel Centre receives all the funds raised.
How does Third Party Fundraising Benefit the Bernard Betel Centre?
- It saves us time and money – The Betel Centre is a small staff team, and has an even smaller team of staff that look after fundraising. Any assistance with fundraising that saves the organization time and money is of huge value.
- Extra revenue stream – Third party fundraisers are a great way to provide the organization with additional funds to continue the work we do.
- Events are year-round – Third party fundraising events can take place in at any time of the year!
- Help us gain new supporters – Through these fundraisers, new supporters will be introduced to the Bernard Betel Centre and the wonderful work we do for seniors in the community.
- Boost our reach – Third party fundraisers are an excellent way to share our mission and work with many other individuals without pulling costs from our marketing budget.
Third Party Fundraising Ideas
Have fun and get creative! There are many ways that you can fundraise on behalf of the Bernard Betel Centre. Here are some ideas to get you started!
- Lifecycle Events and Special Occasions – In lieu of accepting gifts for birthdays, engagement parties, graduations, bat and bar mitzvahs, weddings, holiday parties, and more, ask friends and family to donate instead.
- Athletic Events – Host an event like a community walk, run, bike, swim, sporting event, dance-a-thon, fitness challenge, and more, and ask participants to join or support your event.
- Community Fundraisers – Turn your passion into a fundraiser! Donate proceeds from a talent show, car wash, bake sale, lemonade stand, garage sale, community BBQ, craft sale, themed party, and more.
- School or Corporate Events – Engage your students, co-workers, and employees in a fundraiser that ties into a school project or corporate culture, by hosting a bake sale, silent auction, lunch and learn, and more.
- Portion of Sales – Do you own a business? Set up a portion of sales to go towards the Bernard Betel Centre. This is a great way to support and partner with the Bernard Betel Centre while promoting your business.
What Can the Bernard Betel Centre Provide at Your Third Party Event?
We want your event to be successful, and we are here to guide you and help as we can. This is what the Bernard Betel Centre can provide:
- Logo and logo use guidelines
- Key messaging about the Bernard Betel Centre and our impact
- Volunteer support (pending availability)
- Bernard Betel Centre representative to attend your event (pending availability)
- Promotion of the event on the Bernard Betel Centre social media channels and website
If you would prefer to discuss your fundraising event idea, please contact Gail Gould at 416-225-2112, ext. 129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.