For more information about how to apply for the below volunteer opportunities, please visit our Apply page.
Dial a Friend
To provide emotional support and reduce isolation. Volunteers are matched with lonely or isolated seniors to connect by phone 1-2 times per week for socialization and security.
Virtual Healthy at Home Program Assistant
To provide training and on-going support to seniors accessing online and phone based programs. Help seniors to stay connected as they self-isolate due to the pandemic.
Healthy at Home Program Facilitator
To develop and deliver online and over the phone recreational and health promotion presentations and programs to seniors.
Qualifications for the above volunteer roles:
- Fluency in the Russian language (we currently have a pool of English-speaking volunteers and need volunteers with Russian language skills)
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and respond to the needs of seniors
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Exhibit a friendly and positive attitude
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of social media applications are required for the Virtual Healthy at Home Program Assistant and Healthy at Home Program Facilitator volunteer roles
Meals on Wheels Volunteer Driver
This role is currently filled. Please check back in February.
COVID-19 has impacted our most vulnerable and isolated seniors in critical ways including food security. We have seen an increase in the demand for meals and volunteers play a key role in helping to meet this need. Routes are available Monday through Friday between 11:00 am – 1:00 pm. Volunteers use their own vehicle to deliver the meals. Volunteers can be scheduled for a regular weekly route or can be a back-up when one of our regular drivers is not available.