Dear Bernard Betel Centre Members,
The Annual General and Special Meeting of Members of the Bernard Betel Centre for Creative Living to be held Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 6:30 PM (Eastern Daylight Savings Time) by Zoom.
We would like to acknowledge that although the Bernard Betel Centre fully re-opened in September 2022, we want to make this meeting as accessible to our members as possible and therefore held by Zoom.
Business of the meeting will include:
- Election of Board of Director nominees;
- Appointment of the Auditors for the 2023-2024 year and delegation of numeration to the Board; and
- Any other business that may properly come before the meeting.
Hyperlinked/included in this notice and in accordance with the Bernard Betel Centre By-Law No. 1 Section 4.4:
- Notice of all Meetings of Members must be given by any of the following means: By e-mail, mail, fax, or personal delivery to each person entitled to notice at least ten (10) days before the meeting; or in at least once in a publication of the Corporation that is sent to all Members entitled to attend such meeting not less than 10 days and not more than 60 days before the meeting;
- Proposed Slate of Board Members for 2023-2024;
- Resolution of By-Law #1;
Resolution to By-Law #1 Section 5.3
Resolution of By-Law #1 Section 5.6
- Form of proxy;
- Minutes of the 2022 Annual General Meeting; and
- Biographies of Nominated Directors.
Please note that the Audited Financial Statements are available upon request in accordance with the By-Laws and can be picked-up at the Bernard Betel Centre, Monday-Thursdays 8:30am-4:00pm and or mailed. Please contact Reception at 416 225-2112, ext. 0 to make these arrangements. In order to participate in the meeting, you must request log-in/dial-in details by emailing email@example.com or calling 416-225-2112, ext. 122 no later than 5:00 PM Monday September 11, 2023. In order to vote, please note your membership must be current and paid in full. Each individual member must separately request log-in details or dial into the meeting for your vote to count, or fill out the attached form of proxy by Friday September 8, 2023 and return it in accordance with the instructions on the form of proxy.